Work from Home Stretch
How are your muscles and joints found working from home during lockdown? Whether you’re propped up at a kitchen table or another temporary workstation, you may not have the same supportive setup that you would in an office. You may find that your shoulders, neck or back are hurting after long days spent sitting down awkwardly.
The good news is, it doesn’t have to be this way. Try these stretches, specially designed for you to do at your desk or wherever you’re sitting with your computer, to help ease the strain.
- Keep your head upright.
- Gently turn your head from side to side.
- As you turn your head, try to move it past your shoulder.
- You should feel the muscles on the outside of your neck gradually stretching.
Upper shoulder and neck stretch
- Sit on one hand.
- Tilt your head away from the hand you’re sitting on.
- Tilt your head slightly forward, towards your shoulder.
- You should feel the muscles in your neck and shoulder being stretched.
- Change sides, and repeat.
- Gently lift your shoulders.
- Let them slowly fall.
- You should feel tension being released as your shoulders drop.
Posterior shoulder stretch
- Hold one arm across your body.
- Pull your elbow into your chest.
- You should feel your shoulder gently stretching.
Lower Back Stretch
- While seated, cross your arms over your chest.
- Grab your shoulders.
- Rotate your upper body from the waist, turning gently from left to right as far as you can.
- You should feel a tension on both side of your lower back as it stretches out.
Sitting Back Stretch
- Sit straight with your feet together.
- Put the palms of your hands into the small of your back.
- Lean back over your hands, feeling your lower back stretch out.
Shoulder extension Stretch
- Stand up and stretch your arms out behind you.
- Clasp your hands together and gently lift your arms.
- You should feel the pressure in your shoulders ease off.
20-20-20 Fitness Equation: –
For every five minutes of intense work at your computer, have a short pause. Stretch your hands, wrists and fingers. Roll your shoulders and rotate your neck.
Give your eyes a break every 20 minutes, by looking into the distance for 20 seconds. Every half hour or so, stand up, stretch and move for 20–30 seconds. Keep alert by doing gentle exercises every two hours.
FITWELL Physiotherapy Provide Free Consultation on Phone Only Call Now:- +91 8686319090, +91 7262993397 BASIC PROTECTIVE MEASURES AGAINST THE NEW CORONAVIRUS Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, … Continue reading FitWell Physiotherapy Online and Phone Consultation Free